Lettuce hearts with anchovies and melon vinaigrette
Tudela lettuce hearts with anchovies are a classic dish. The very paradigm of simplicity. Proof alone that, when the raw materials are good, a few ingredients are all that is needed to enjoy a genuine delight... And lettuce hearts and anchovies are exactly that! What do you think when you see lettuce hearts? We always imagine them topped with fillets of Cantabrian anchovies from the Bay of Biscay!
But when it comes to seasoning a lettuce heart salad with anchovies, there’s more than one way to skin a cat, so today we’d like to suggest Iratxe’s recipe, with diced melon to give it a surprising touch. Take note!
- Dice the melon.
- Chop the peppers into small squares
- In a bowl, mix the diced melon and pieces of peppers.
- Add extra virgin olive oil and a splash of lime juice. Mix together everything well.
- Cut the lettuce hearts into quarters and assemble on a plate.
- Place an anchovy fillet on top of each piece of lettuce heart.
- Add the dressing to the lettuce hearts and anchovies.
What a delicious combination! Thanks, Iratxe!
If you like this recipe, you can prepare it at home with:
Cantabrian anchovies in olive oil. 50 g tin
Cantabrian anchovy fillets in olive oil, carefully selected by Serrats, in olive oil.
[button url="https://www.serrats.com/en/anchovies-can-50g" color="color" customcolor="" iconcolor="white" target="_blank" custom_class="" ]Buy[/button]
The post Lettuce hearts with anchovies and melon vinaigrette appeared first on Cooking With Serrats.